Friday, October 28, 2005

"more bikes, less cars"

Who would have guessed a night in Jersey was all I needed? Wednesday night I decided to visit some friends at Rutgers. I hadn't seen most of them since August. We all just sat around, talked, hung out, did a few shots. I forgot how much I missed certain people. Needless to say, I didn't look too good for the funeral Thursday morning. I was running on 2 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours. Oh well. The funeral was depressing, more so than most funerals. Then we all went out to lunch. I was content and full the entire day. I wish everyone still lived in the city and I could see my friends every day again, instead of once every 3 or 4 months. I guess this is just growing up. Last night I bought my halloween costume, at 2 am. I love that my friends buy our halloween costumes at a sex shop. And I love the fact that I have a frequent shopper vip card for a sex shop in the east village. I swear, Halloween in New York is just a chance for everyone to dress like a slut and get wasted. I take back what I said in my last post about Halloween. I'm actually a little excited now. Tonight is drinks on St. Marks with Amanda and the boys. Then I'll come hope, try to drunkenly put on my costume and then off to the Motherfucker party. Today I did the Issac Mizrahi show, which I was terribly late for. I got yelled at. It wasn't my fault though. I was trying to hail a cab on Park Ave south. I get in and tell the guy I want to go to 36th and 10th. He says he cant take me. I didn't understand him. So I asked him to go to 36th street. He said okay, but he wouldn't go to the west side. I asked him why he was a cab driver and got out. Has this ever happened to anyone? Are cabs suddenly afraid to go to the west side? This isn't 1970's Irish mafia Hell's kitchen. It's all gay people and tv studios now. Then I went to the MoMa just because its free and my mom wanted to go. They have a really interesting sculpture exhibit on the 6th floor. Oh, and this exhibit with like 100 tvs, all live footage of this one guys life. There was no information on it though and I was really curious about it. oh well. Then I had a nice big Italian meal with my mom. I haven't had a real meal like that in weeks. It was nice. Matt left for California yesterday. He'll be gone for 3 weeks. He didn't even tell me until the night before he left, but at least he gave me 2 nice 8 balls. Oh, who am I kidding, it doesn't matter if this weekend is amazing or completely horrible. I've got another 8 ball left, it will be wonderful.


Post a Comment

<< Home